Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's been a while -- I'm sure the ancestors forgive me, as long as I keep them in my thoughts. One of the best way to renew my spark in family history is to see what eBay has to offer. Subsequently, it has provided two auctions in the past couple weeks with great Jennings Family significance. One was a photo of Mehoopany that shows the little part of the town where the hotel and store was, and it looks something like -- actually, quite a bit like this:
Yeah, so this is a screen-grab of a photo that I didn't win. If you follow the bridge over the creek and follow the road, that little cluster of buildings contained the Jennings House (hotel) and C.E. Jennings's store, further up the hill. I'm not sure I feel too bad about using the screen-grab...hey, it's not like I'm re-selling it or anything; it's purely for family use, right? The other screen grab is this:

An envelope containing the printed address of my great-grandfather's store. Who knows, this may even be Charles' handwriting (and maybe even Jennings Spit on the back of the stamp?). In any event, it's so strange how I get little tiny pieces of the puzzle all the time...and that's what makes family history such an enduring and interesting hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment